For Heat Therapy/Hot Compress
Insert the breast pack in the cover before microwaving and heat using the following microwave guide.
700 Watts: 15 secs
1000 Watts: 12 secs
1250 Watts: 10 secs
Additional heating in 3 second increments only until desired temperature is achieved. It is important that you do no overheat the breast pack as this can damage the gel beads.
Place a room temperature pack in hot water (around 80C) for approximately 3-5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
For Cold Therapy/Cold Compress
Place the breast pack in the freezer for at least one hour prior to use.
How to Use With your Mumasil Breast Milk Saver or Breast Pump
The Mumasil Warm and Cool Breast Packs can be attached to the outside of your breast pump flanges or the flange on your Mumasil Breast Milk Saver. Simply place your breast pack inside the breast pack cover and heat as per heating guidelines. Wrap the Mumasil breast pack around the outside of the breast pump flanges and use the press stud to clip the Mumasil breast pack into place. The warmth from the breast pack encourages a letdown and milk flow when pumping.
Breast Packs - Before first use wash in warm soapy water and after each use wash as required in warm soapy water.
Breast Pack Covers - gentle machine wash when required.
- Always check temperature prior to applying to the skin.
- Always use with cover when using the breast pack.
- Before use, inspect the breast pack has not been punctured.
- Discard the breast pack if it leaks or bursts.
- Immediately remove from the skin if the temperature of the breast pack becomes uncomfortable.
- Overheating or prolonged application may cause injury.
- Heating the breast pack beyond suggested time may damage or destroy the gel beads.
- Do not fall asleep using the pack.
- For external use only.
- Do not use on infants or allow infants to chew breast packs.